At KCA, we are passionate about creating kitchens that inspire you to try new recipes at home.
This traditional Georgian staple of baked bread by Miele, is topped with three different types of cheese and finished with a perfectly cooked egg, ideal for an indulgent lunch or light dinner.
For the bread
400g strong white flour
240ml tepid water
1 tbsp olive oil
5g fresh yeast
5g caster sugar
5g sea salt
For the filling
200g cottage cheese
100g feta cheese, crumbled
100g Ogleshield cheese, crumbled
Small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped
Small bunch of dill leaves, finely chopped
60g unsalted butter, cubed
1. For the bread dough, mix all the ingredients together in the bowl or a food mixer and knead on a medium speed for 5 minutes on until the dough is smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to prove until it doubles in size. This can be done in the Miele gourmet warming drawer at 40°C (cup setting, first temperature square).
2. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock back. Divide into 8 equal round pieces and with the help of a rolling pin, roll each into a long flat circle. Turn up the edges of the dough to create a boat shape and pinch the ends of the dough to seal.
3. For the filling, combine the feta and cottage cheese and add about one tablespoonful each of parsley and dill and mix well. Divide the mixture evenly between the shaped dough and transfer them onto two baking trays.
4. Preheat the Miele oven on Intensive bake 250°C and when ready, slide the tray into the lowest shelf of the oven and set the minute minder for 8 minutes. Crack an egg into each kachapuri and return to the oven for a further 4 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with some extra herbs and a few cubes of cold butter.